Saturday 17 September 2011

Bouncing Back...BARCA STYLE!!!

After that rant yesterday, the Lord probably took pity on me 'coz today was a wonderful day! Revision for Science Exam has finally made some progress. To top it all, Barca's AMAZING 8-0 win made my day! After the two measly draws against Real Sociedad and AC Milan, I couldn't have asked for a better result. So here are my thoughts on the match (which I managed to catch live after many desperate pleadings and tears! :D)...

The Fabressi...or maye Cessi!
With Captain Puyol starting the match, I expected a stronger defensive performance...and I was right! Except for a li'l slip by Abidal at the start of the match, the defence functioned smoothly. That could also be down to the brilliant performance by our mid-field and forwards. Our exceptionally high possession (85%!!!) made sure that the defense wouldn't be having any problems.

Pep Guardiola, with possession and attack on his mind (as usual) put forth a solid line-up: Victor Valdes, Daniel Alves, Javier Mascherano, Carles Puyol, Eric Abidal; Xavi, Sergio Busquets, Thiago Alcantara; Cesc Fabregas, Lionel Messi, David Villa in the 3-4-3 formation.

Goals from Leo Messi ( hattrick!), Villa (2), Xavi, Cesc and an unlucky Roversio (own goal) were the highlights of the match with Messi hitting the cross bar a few more times being the other golden moments.

I'm not gonna go into a lengthy match-description, just wanna embody the delightful performance by my team. I saw moments of vintage Barca tonight. Our passing was not at it's fluid best, especially after Xavi 'El Maestro' Hernandez was subbed out. Bu what matters was that we converted all the possession into goals. It's pretty typical for Barca to enjoy a 60-70+ possession in games but usually we're unsuccessful in converting it into goals. Tonight, it was all about attack, chances and, of course, Goals!

I've gotta give it to the Osasuna GK (don't remember his name). Had it not been for him and that damned crossbar, Barca could've easily ended up with a double digit victory (I was hoping for a 10-0!). He made a few spectacular saves and denied Messi quite a few times. Clearly, the only Osasuna player who did his job well.

The whole team played well today (BTW, the team Includes Pep 'coz, well, without him Barca would never be Barca) but my MOTM was...Leo Messi with Dani Alves coming a close second thanks to his pin-point crosses and all the endless running (Gosh, doesn't he ever get tired?!). If you haven't figured it out already, I have a thing for Leo Messi and anyway, I think 3 goals and 2 amazing assists should be enough to earn him this title. Plus, his last goal....A Beauty, both, in terms of vision and execution. He just keeps on proving time and again why he's the best player to grace a football field today, maybe, ever. A little genius, truly!

So, that's all from my side today. Till next time...

Visca el Barca!

Me!

P.S: Spotted in the stands: 

- Andres Iniesta
- Alexis Sanchez (looking really cute in a rose-pink tee!...gosh, I think I have a crush on him!)

P.PS: Didnt like David Villa's new hairstyle. Makes him look...STRANGE. And, Cesc, dear, get a haircut . Like, NOW. 




 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment