Friday 16 September 2011

Lesson of the Day: Acceptance...NOT my forte!

Things are not very rosy on my side. I've got my terminals starting in two days and I couldn't be feeling worse. Everyone seems to be hell-bent on dragging my confidence down the drain. My dear friends, flaunting their new-found genius, are giving me the inferiority complex. It's not intentional, of course, but it's making me feel dumb. Anything about everything strikes a raw nerve. All the sample papers and task-sheets are doing nothing except making me more depressed about things I don't know...which happen to be a lot. It also doesn't help that my team (FC Barcelona) is going through a rough patch.
Accept yourself: My attempt on becoming less stressed...

Don't get my wrong, I am an academically bright student with a completely functional brain. But my over-criticalness is getting the better of me. It's become a sort of habit for me to compare myself with every person around. I have often blurted out loud: "Dear God, you have given people Beauty AND Brains. But why haven't I got either?". I have been advised not to do that but, huh, easier said than done, right?

I know we all are unique and have our own strengths and weaknesses, but, gosh, I can't seem to stop stressing about my non-existent aptitude for Science and Maths! Couldn't I be given a brain that understands the complex trigonometry identities and formulas instead of the one that I currently have...the one that has a knack for writing and apparently none for Chemistry and Physics?

So now, I've gotta learn how to accept...to put up with my self and my abilities. I'm an accepting person when it comes to others. But when it comes to me? Not quite so. I've gotta put up with the fact that maybe I'm just not wired to become an engineer, or an astrophysicist or, I dunno, maybe a doctor. Maybe I'm destined to become a journalist (maybe not, but who knows? :D)So, lesson of the day: Thank God for all that you are and accept all that you aren't.

Wowie, was that philosophical or what?! Glad to pour it all out. Feeling better already...

Yours,
One and Only,

Me!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment